Based in Rome, Italy
Press / Business Contact:
via Appia Nuova 433
Demigiant is a one man virtual studio inhabited by Daniele Giardini, plus friends that come and go, whose ingredients are a special passion for 2D (but sometimes also stylized 3D), skewed perspectives in storytelling, distorted moralities (coming soon) and obviously mayonnaise.
HistoryOnce was Holoville
Daniele used to be Holoville and mostly did, both as a graphic and as a coder, interactive stuff for expos and museums (and websites), while also working in illustration and comics. That is, until he was asked to create a virtual replica of the mysterious Kircher museum. He discovered a new passion (Unity and C#, later pixelart and stylized 3D) and melted Holoville into Holoville Games.Now is Demigiant
With the help of some awesome friends, Daniele developed many prototypes and minigames for various platforms, won a few contests, and got Goscurry on Steam (coming soon). Then his accountant fucked him up badly and he decided to close Holoville and to become Demigiant. He still does those interactive stuff for museums etc to earn a living, but he decided to keep them in the "I'm too busy talking in third person to keep a website about that too" box. Games are much better.
A Few Selected Projects
Goscurry release trailer YouTube
Quantum Party Crasher (prototype) YouTube
There are far more images available for Demigiant, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of Game Jolt Party Contest (with Quantum Party Crasher)." - December, 2013
- "Winner of GPI Retro Contest (with Stackout)." - January, 2013
- "[Goscurry] is happiness in a tiny rocketship. [...] The controls are intoxicatingly responsive, there’s tons of embedded, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it humor, and the visuals are simple yet gorgeous..."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Its pace, its toughness, its 3D visuals [...], its excellent controls and its taxing difficulty, make Goscurry a true modern arcade game that will frustrate and deeply reward you in equal measures..."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, IndieGames.com
- "Goscurry is one of the best indie games I played in the last months: thrilling and polished, I highly recommend it to players looking for a peculiar experience and who are ready for a challenge. 9/10 [translated from Italian]"
- Dario Oropallo, The Shelter Network
- "Even in alpha form, Goscurry is polished, gorgeous and rather hard to stop playing..."
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
- "With awesome stealth elements and some fantastic artwork, it’s hard to believe [Quantum Party Crasher] was made in only ten days."
- , Indie Statik
I am also part of the friendly Suppagumma ensemble, founded with my old time friend and cigarettes-thief Gaetano Leonardi http://www.suppagumma.com.
Art, Comics and Cartoons
You can find most of the latest shit I've drawn on deviantART http://izitmee.deviantart.com/.
My lady does comics too
And she's great! And we're making a robot anthology (she arts, I write)! http://besnglist.deviantart.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Game designer, Artist, Coder, [Demigiant]
Game Designer, 2D/3D Artist, [La Boîte]
Isak J Martinsson
Musician, Coder, [Killmonday]
Davide & Domenico Barbieri, Armando Teora
Coding, Mobile Porting, [Ghostshark]
Luigi di Guida
Game Designer, Coder