Based in Rome, Italy
5 December, 2013
Relax, don't panic, be brave. Reach as many cities as you can by piloting a ship on a perpetually assembling road suspended over a stylized and surreal landscape, while taking sharp corners, evading hazards and rushing through speedfreak modes. A hard electro-beat game.
Since I played Canabalt, I thought it would be great fun to design and code a runner. I also wanted to make it top-down, with the controls based on the vehicle's facing instead than the player's, like those old Micro Machines or the first GTA games, because I realized new generations (see my stepson) had kind of lost the skill to drive like that. That's why the first version of Goscurry had only a top-down Pro mode. Finally, I wanted to experiment with Blender and low-poly 3D, since 3D makes sense to me only when stylized. The first playable prototype was ready in a week. Then I showed it to Isak (J Martinsson) and he said he would make a music for it. He did, and it was stunning: the game looked so much better while his music was electro-beating the shit out of it. From there we decided to develop it fully: 5 game modes, 10 tracks, achievements and so on. During all the development, every night, I would beta-test it with my lady trying to beat each other's records, while marking stuff that didn't work or could be better. There was a lot of hard work, but yes, it was fun most of the time.
- A hard but fair game.
- The city below you will change over time, until The End, which might not be the end.
- An amazing original electro-beat soundtrack by Isak J Martinsson.
- Stylized colorful graphics and cryptic humour everywhere.
- 5 game modes (plus the PUKE mode coming soon, perfect for drug-induced parties), 5 unlockable ships, experience-based achievements, online leaderboards, blahblahblah.
Logo & Icon
- "[Goscurry] is happiness in a tiny rocketship. [...] The controls are intoxicatingly responsive, there’s tons of embedded, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it humor, and the visuals are simple yet gorgeous..."
- Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Its pace, its toughness, its 3D visuals [...], its excellent controls and its taxing difficulty, make Goscurry a true modern arcade game that will frustrate and deeply reward you in equal measures..."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, IndieGames.com
- "Seriously, you have to play this game with the music that was made for it; it’s beyond fantastic...."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "Even in alpha form, Goscurry is polished, gorgeous and rather hard to stop playing..."
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Demigiant allows for the contents of Goscurry to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Goscurry is legally & explicitly allowed by Demigiant. This permission can be found in writing at http://presskit.demigiant.com/sheet.php?p=goscurry.
Original Soundtrack by Isak J Martinsson
Available from CD Baby (among other venues) cdbaby.com.
Please note, THIS PRESSKIT IS VERY NOT UPDATED... Demigiant is a one man virtual studio inhabited by Daniele Giardini, plus friends that come and go, whose ingredients are a special passion for 2D (but sometimes also stylized 3D), skewed perspectives in storytelling, distorted moralities (coming soon) and obviously mayonnaise.
More information on Demigiant, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Concept, Game Design, Graphics, Coding, [Demigiant]
Isak J Martinsson
Musician, Coder, [Killmonday]
Davide & Domenico Barbieri, Armando Teora
Mobile Port, [Ghostshark]
Cover Poster, [La Boîte]